Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Spirits and Parks [Hidoi or Invite]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Hidoi Harikēn
Grandmaster
Hidoi Harikēn

Spirits and Parks [Hidoi or Invite] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spirits and Parks [Hidoi or Invite]   Spirits and Parks [Hidoi or Invite] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 12:20 am

“Ah, Spiritbending. I thought your friend resembled Hei Bai, tell him Mr Kaze says hello and apologies for not visiting in so long?”

Hidoi continued to jab at random points on the thug's torso. Along with the chart came written information as well about Chi Blocking and Pressure Point Fighting, which became known by the name of Dim Mak, or "Death Touch." There are several types of pressure points — each is applied differently and each creates a different effect. "Pain points", for example, use tendons, ligaments, and muscles; the goal is to temporarily immobilize the target, or, at the very least, to distract them. "Reflex points" produce involuntary movements, for example, causing the hand to release its grip, the knees to buckle, the target to gag, or even for the person to be knocked unconscious. Most pressure points are located on pathways on the nervous system.

Hidoi was sure to share and demonstrate this knowledge to Avery and even his father. Some pressure points produce pain when struck, pressed, or rubbed, depending on the point itself. These points are also referred to as nerve centers. While the distraction of pain might offer sufficient advantage in a fight or escape, the body has a pain withdrawal reflex, whereby it reacts to pain by moving away from the source. Martial artists can use this reflex with minimal effort. The baroreceptors in the carotid artery are pressure-sensitive, supplying the brain with information to control systemic blood pressure. Pressure against this region will send signals that indicate that blood pressure is too high, leading to a lowering of blood pressure.

There was other information, such as how to break bones easily with little strength, how to knock someone unconscious with simple blows to the head and chin, and how to hyper extend arms and legs to bend in the wrong direction. Hidoi was getting tired of using the idiot as a gunea pig furthermore, and just settled for re-drawing the Mind Stick and swinging it at him in a quick and stylistic fashion. The wind being let off from the magical weapon could be seen moving the thug's clothes and sending ripples across his skin.

Around this time is when Hidoi's mother and sister entered the backyard, where there was a gathering. Hidoi had all of his father's look, but her red eyes, temper, and the tendency to over-react sometimes. It looked that at one point she was bald the same as Mr Kaze, but just the same as Hidoi she let her hair grow back out. She too had Master Tattoos, and dressed in the typical woman's Air Nomad garb. “What-what is this? Why is that ruffian tied to a tree and Hidoi swinging a stick at him? Who is this woman? Odayakana why are you just standing there while all of this is going on?”

Mr Kaze skated over near Avery again with the same high look on his face. “My wife, Bōryoku-tekina Senpū (Violent Whirlwind) Mrs. Senpū for short, and my daughter, Saikuron (Cyclone).” Mr Kaze looked to his wife next. “Avery Tatsumaki, Grandmaster Airbender. She share the knowledge with Hidoi to transcend into the spirit world, and give us the chance to meet Hei Bai again after all these years. In exchange, Hidoi is training and teaching the art of Chi Blocking and Pressure Point Fighting.”

“Well how wonderful! How nice of you to take the Terrible Hurricane under your wing and keep him out of trouble, god bless you!” said Mrs Senpū to Avery, rubbing one of her arms. Saikuron, who was pretty much a perfect clone of her mother, waved to Avery as well. In her presence, another Airbender would be easily able to feel that she too was a very powerful in the art, although not as trained as Mr Kaze or Hidoi. He again looked toward the thug tied to the tree. “But what is this? Who is that man?”

”This is one of the clowns going around here scaring, kidnapping and robbing people. Don't even worry about it mom, i'm gonna let him go in a second, I just wanted to practice on him some first.”

“Well. I hope this serves as a lesson to you, young man! You should make some better choices in your life because you can always end up in a jam, kind of like the one you're in now!” Mrs Senpū turned to shuffle Saikuron and Rōto into the house to do chores and various other household activities.

Word Count 752 + 1,979 = 2,731
Back to top Go down
Avery
Grandmaster
Avery

PostSubject: Re: Spirits and Parks [Hidoi or Invite]   Spirits and Parks [Hidoi or Invite] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 12:34 am

Avery looked back to the chart, noticing the information written on it and deciding to save it all to memory: she was sure it would come in handy later on. Chi Blocking and Pressure Point Fighting, which became known by the name of Dim Mak, or "Death Touch." There are several types of pressure points — each is applied differently and each creates a different effect. "Pain points", for example, use tendons, ligaments, and muscles; the goal is to temporarily immobilize the target, or, at the very least, to distract them. "Reflex points" produce involuntary movements, for example, causing the hand to release its grip, the knees to buckle, the target to gag, or even for the person to be knocked unconscious. Most pressure points are located on pathways on the nervous system. Some pressure points produce pain when struck, pressed, or rubbed, depending on the point itself. These points are also referred to as nerve centers. While the distraction of pain might offer sufficient advantage in a fight or escape, the body has a pain withdrawal reflex, whereby it reacts to pain by moving away from the source. Martial artists can use this reflex with minimal effort. The baroreceptors in the carotid artery are pressure-sensitive, supplying the brain with information to control systemic blood pressure. Pressure against this region will send signals that indicate that blood pressure is too high, leading to a lowering of blood pressure.

The other information provided was memorized as well. She hoped she would never end up having to use any of this on someone; but with the world the way it was today she was sure the chance was going to come up sooner rather than later on. Especially if she decided to start traveling around again, as she sometimes did.

However, Avery was distracted by the Chi Blocking information as Hidoi's mother and sister arrived next into the backyard. She took in the woman's appearance, taking quick note of the Airbender tattoos and the fact that she seemed powerful as well, though not as powerful as her husband or son, Hidoi. She gave a nod and a smile as Mr. Kaze introduced her, glad she wouldn't have to repeat the story over again on how she met Hidoi. "Uh, not a problem... glad I finally met someone I felt I could trust passing the information to. He's the first person I taught since my grandmother taught me."

She then looked back over to the thug, feeling she didn't need any more practice in the pressure points, but rather enjoying watching Hidoi start whooping on him again. If she used these skills it would likely be to paralyze her opponent or worse, and there really was no fun in doing something that horrible to someone who was tied to a tree and unable to fight back or attempt to defend themselves. She glanced over as Mrs. Senpu ushered her husband and daughter back inside and then turned her attention back to the thug. "What I'd like to know is how many times do you have to get your ass beat, along with your friends, for ya'll to just stop doing bad things...", she said after a moment.

Word Count: 533 + 4,642 = 5,175
Back to top Go down
https://bendthis.rpg-board.net
Hidoi Harikēn
Grandmaster
Hidoi Harikēn

PostSubject: Re: Spirits and Parks [Hidoi or Invite]   Spirits and Parks [Hidoi or Invite] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 11:54 am

This wasn't going to be something he abused; mostly it would be for when someone managed to get too close, which was never, or when he wanted to end a fight quickly. Many other scenarios were playing out in his mind. Mr Kaze began to undergo forms that looked very close to Tai Chi. The air could be visibly seen moving around him, responding to his every movement.

Hidoi put the Mind Stick away and went over sensitive spots on the human body one more time before cutting the thug loose. Solar plexus: This is a bundle of nerves deep within the center of the abdomen, thought to be responsible for the physical feelings of deep emotions. By striking the area just below the sternum, where the ribs join on the front of the abdomen, you affect this bundle of nerves and cause the diaphragm (breathing muscle) to contract violently. This is "knocking the wind out" of someone. It's a very easy target.

Sternum: Strike with a single-knuckle to the bone in the middle of the chest. It has no muscle and never much fat, so it is very vulnerable, and if struck properly can break in two down the middle. You can also strike the pectorals like this. Breaking the sternum can cause a punctured lung or worse.

Temples: The temples are the thinnest part of the cranium, so a good blow here (one-knuckle punch is ideal) can cause concussion, hemorrhaging, or even death.

Ribs: The ribs have very little covering, regardless of the body type, and only thin muscle between them. To break them, raise the arm to extend them, reducing their ability to reinforce each other, and step towards them when you strike. A palm-down knife hand works very well for this. Uppercuts also work for this as they seem to be designed to get right up under the arm, which is what you're aiming for. The rib areas protected by the muscles of the chest or back will not be easily broken, if at all. The lowest ribs connect only to the spine and so are especially vulnerable to breaking.

”They're not gonna learn, they're all idiots. This guy here is probably gonna go on a long vacation though, but I hope he runs and tells his buddies that i'm after them.” Hidoi untied the thug from the tree and pulled the rag from his mouth. He spit several times and looked worn out. ”If you manage to figure out where you are and decide to come back, it's gonna be real ugly for you! Just thought you should know in case you're planning some kind of revenge thing. Tell your friends to expect me, okay?”

The thug stumbled to his feet and out of the backyard. Having had plenty of practice, Hidoi felt confident that he'd mastered this art, and his repertoire was now complete.

Word Count: Chi Block Training Complete 484 + 2,731 = 3,215/3,000
Back to top Go down
Avery
Grandmaster
Avery

PostSubject: Re: Spirits and Parks [Hidoi or Invite]   Spirits and Parks [Hidoi or Invite] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 2:58 pm

Avery was more than pleased with the knowledge she had learned today, and knew that eventually the day would come when she was more than glad that she had decided to learn the art of Chi Blocking. For now though she was sure her brain likely couldn't hold anymore information without a headache of some kind forming; so she figured it was time for a break. "This'll definitely come in handy one day, I'm sure...", she said softly as she watched Hidoi untie the thug.

She listened to the warning that Hidoi gave him, wondering to herself if the thug would bother trying to come back on some sort of revenge mission; it wouldn't be a smart idea, Avery was sure of that. All of Hidoi's family seemed strong enough to defend themselves against a thug like that, and the thug would just likely suffer a worse fate than the one he had had to endure today as their test subject. "If that guy has any brains at all he won't bother to come back... your family seems more than capable of taking care of themselves...", she said as she looked over to Hidoi after watching the thug take off.

"Thanks by the way, for the information on Chi Blocking. I'll have to show my Gram when I get back to the temple, I'm sure she'll love learning this - my way of returning the favor for her teaching me Spiritbending."
Back to top Go down
Hidoi Harikēn
Grandmaster
Hidoi Harikēn

PostSubject: Re: Spirits and Parks [Hidoi or Invite]   Spirits and Parks [Hidoi or Invite] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 3:30 pm

Hidoi watched the thug run off, then began to mimic his father. Like him, the air around Hidoi moved and responded to his movements. With what he knew now, it would be very easy to kill someone if he wanted to, but these weren't Nomad ways, and Hidoi had no desire to take lives. Beating up and humiliating people was satisfying enough.

”No problem! Maybe in a few years when i'm older you can take me up on that boyfriend thing, huh? If some other guy doesn't kidnap and grope you first. That would suck.”

Mr Kaze laughed some, completeing a movement that shot a tremendous blast of air upwards. Hidoi did the same movement and also created a powerful gust that seemed slightly powerful than his fathers, which only made him grin wider. After the demonstration, Mr Kaze and Hidoi bowed to each other. Mr Kaze nodded to Avery once more before heading into the house himself. “Please feel free to come by anytime Ms Tatsumaki, you helped Hidoi along his path so you are now friend of the family and welcome here anytime.”

”Thank you again for showing me how to Spiritbend. I'll do the right thing, no worries. I know it's not a toy I should play with and all that. Like my dad said, come back sometime! Or you'll prolly see me chasing around more of those idiots anyways...”
Back to top Go down
Avery
Grandmaster
Avery

PostSubject: Re: Spirits and Parks [Hidoi or Invite]   Spirits and Parks [Hidoi or Invite] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 5:16 pm

She watched Mr. Kaze for a moment, and then Hidoi as he began to mimic him in his movements. Avery chuckled softly at Hidoi's words about maybe being her boyfriend when he got older. She smiled and just shook her head slightly: she knew the kid would likely find someone far before he was old enough to be her boyfriend. She nodded back to Mr. Kaze and his words to her. "I'm sure I'll be stopping by again. I plan on doing some traveling soon, might be able to pick up another skill along the way, or something equally as interesting." She watched Mr. Kaze leave and then looked back to Hidoi.

She nodded again to his words. "It's no problem, I'm glad I finally stumbled across someone I trusted enough to teach it too. I know you'll do the right thing with it, compared to what others would do. And I'll likely see you around here somewhere; if not I'll make sure to stop by and visit. Maybe I'll bring my Gram next time; she's a real nice lady once you get to know her, likes to bring presents all the time for people." She glanced up at the sky, noticing how it was darkening. "I should get back to the temple, I'm sure Gram's wondering where I got off to. See you around, Hidoi."

With that she swirled once, causing a gust of wind to pick up around herself as Lil' Bai held on tightly to her head; having climbed up to her shoulders while she spoke. A sphere of air formed around Avery and lifted her up into the air and out of the backyard; taking her in the direction of the Air Temple.

-Exit-
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spirits and Parks [Hidoi or Invite]   Spirits and Parks [Hidoi or Invite] - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spirits and Parks [Hidoi or Invite]
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2